Monday, September 3, 2007

The start of a perfect day...

One thing that tugs at the heartstrings of every wedding photographer is hearing a person say, "If only I had photos like these from my wedding." For one couple that I know, they never really had dedicated pictures of them, as a couple, from their own wedding in June, 2006. So, Monday morning we headed down to the beach to rectify this situation.

There's 2 reasons why I love to work with a couple or bride AFTER the day of the wedding. First, you are less rushed and forced to work around time contraints. Secondly, you as a bride are able to be more carefree in your gown without worrying that it stays pristine for your wedding day.

Kim had no hesitations today! She and her husband are both avid surfers as well as longboarders. Her husband Matt's brother even own's his own longboarding company, Hamrick Longboards. We took much of this into account today to give them the photos she always dreamed of... that said this is us!

One thing I love about Matt is that there are 2 things that can make him light up like a child on Christmas morning. Catching a great wave and being with his wife. Needless to say I saw a lot of joy today as we all hit up the surf for some more fun after.

Here's a few from the morning.

www.CapturedForLifePhotography.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these!! I think we're going to have to add a post-wedding session to the package :-)

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Bakari said...

Really like your work, site, and blog. We're both members of the Flickr wedding group, which is where I first saw you. Thanks for being a part of the group and sharing.