Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fireman Weddings

One of my 2009 couples got engaged when his fire truck stopped during a parade so he could propose. I'm going to be doing their engagement portraits soon and from what I hear, they have some very fun plans in store! I do hope however they don't do anything quite as crazy as my brother did during his own wedding this weekend down here in The Woodlands, Tx. (That's a suburb of Houston BTW).

Things to consider when doing a sparkler exit....
1) Either keep any ribbons far enough away from flames, have guests remove them, or do not use
2) Use a long burning sparkler... not one that burns out in a blaze of fire (ribbon) after 10 seconds.
3) Make sure any fire cannot reach the brides gown (my new sister in law drug her dress right over a good lil fire of a fallen sparkler.)

These are really roughly edited but here you can see what can happen if these 3 things are overlooked. But, let's be honest... my brother and his fellow firefighters thought it was just plain awesome!

The following photos all occurred within about a 10 second window.

No comments: