Thursday, December 6, 2007

Celebrating Family

This past saturday I met up with a family for a portrait session at Sandy Bottom Nature Park in Hampton, Va. I was really excited about this for a few reasons.

1) This couple is not only so much fun to speak and work with, they are also newly weds!
2) They really are just so great to be around
3) Wait till you see her daughter! Tyra Banks, watch out!
3) They just rescued a really cute puppy that needed a home when they found her all mangled
4) Sandy Bottom had some Southern Flying Squirrels in their center which I used to have as a pet. I unfortunately had to give him away when moving here.

We were supposed to do this session about a week ago but do to a flu bug going around their family we pushed it back a week and I think they wound up with much better weather! The day was absolutely gorgeous and it's still fall here in Va Beach! Sandy Bottom is so incredibly beautiful, especially this time of year!

Ps, it's also apparently home to some protected and dangerous rattle snakes... yuck. So, if you are walking around the lakes and see some cinderblocks do not sit on them or play near them. That is apparently their habitat. No worries for anyone doing portraits with me however, I will be staying CLEAR of that area! You can't pay me enough to go that way... :-) (Thanks to the park ranger for that bit of info. I asked where the snakes live so I can avoid that area and keep us all safe!)

It's really hard to narrow down pictures, and I'm really excited to finish going through everything. Here's a few quick ones I pulled... I hope you enjoy!

Family-3
Family-4
Family-2
Family-1
Family-5
Family-6
Family-7
Family-8
Family-10
Visit my Website for more info!

1 comment:

Shanee said...

OMG! LOVE these! they made me cry! Thanks SO much!!