Monday, December 31, 2007

Thomas and Shelly

Right now, Thomas and Shelly are sitting on a beach in Hawaii! However, on December 29th, they were here in Chesapeake, Virginia getting married. Their wedding was held at the Fairview Church of Christ where the grooms father officiated the ceremony. From start to finish the entire wedding was about being with their family and friends. We all got a glimps of Hawaii however, when the bride came walking down the aisle to Somewhere over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.

The day started warm and overcast as I met with the bride and her bridesmaids at the church to get ready. I got right to work on some of the details as I could see the clouds coming in. I took the brides bouquet outside to take some shots of it when apparently the bride came to see her flowers. Luckily, one of her bridesmaids knew it was with me and was able to let her know that her flowers had indeed arrived with the rest! I then had the chance to hang out with Shelly and her friends and I had such a complete blast. They were truly just so much fun to hang around with! After getting the groomsmen photos outside, I came back in, Shelly got dressed, we went to the door, and WOOSH! Leaves are flying, clouds are getting dark, we ran out, grabbed about 10 frames and ran in to miss the rain. It then proceeded to rain (which is good luck on a wedding day) throughout the ceremony and all the formals. It wasn't an issue, we took pictures inside, however, during their "Recep" (mini-reception) I looked out to see the rain had stopped and skies had cleared! I grabbed Thomas and Shelly and we ran out for a mini-photo session, they then cut their cake, and they were off to the Founders Inn for night until they left for Hawaii the next morning.

We're going to be doing a fearless photo shoot in the spring when it warms up, so you'll see this beautiful (and soon to be extremely tan) couple again.

Thomas and Shelly, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your day. I enjoyed every bit of it. May you both be blessed as you begin your new life together. And please remember to catch a wave for me!


yeager-1












Visit my Website for more info!

No comments: