Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cheers from LONDON!

And boy, does it feel good to be back! After a "mostly" smooth flight from DC I arrived bright... I mean, just plain early into London, Heathrow. Getting settled into my parents flat it was time to keep myself awake!

My "mum" and I headed out to Sloane Square for a little look around some shops, grabbed some lunch, headed back home, then after a small nap went to the grocery. London truly has become a second home for me and it's very good to be back!

As my dad works during the day my mother and I decided yesterday to go out to Wimbledon for the day. We hopped onto the tube and took it to the end of the line... Wimbledon, for a day of what any girl wants to do in Europe... SHOPPING! This was actually my first time to Wimbledon and I really want to go back and explore it more. My parents have already decided that if they ever leave their flat in Kensington, Wimbledon it is! They are calling for some 60 degree weather this week, perhaps if that becomes a reality we'll go back on a nice day.

Some interesting points so far?
-I was very surprised by the gentleman I met on the plane. As it turns out, he's a organic chemistry (which wasn't my favorite course in University) professor at a school in Saudi Arabia! He was in the States for his fathers unfortunate passing, however who would have thought that he was from the same area, in eastern Ohio, I went to school! Not many people know where Steubenville is, let alone the fact that not many people grow up there!

- The election is in full press here! The British are VERY, very intrigued by our politics and everyone asks me about the state of the election process, for my thoughts, any predictions, any news, anything they can get out of me! If only we Americans were so concerned about who gets elected.

- The dollar is a bit stronger right now... the conversion is only 1.91! We'll take what we can get... :-)

- It's 10am, stores are opening, time to fight the hustle of Oxford Street!

I'll try and get some pics soon for you! To view the latest wedding pics from Jason and Julies Valentines wedding visit this blog posting http://capturedforlife.blogspot.com/2008/02/jason-and-julie.html

No comments: