Saturday, February 9, 2008

John Hancock

Local emerging artist, John Hancock (yes, that's his REAL name ;-) and I went out today for a bit of fun. John is one talented musician. Whether it means rocking out on his guitar... or perhaps even his fiddle, this guy knows how to rock. We wanted some alternative grungy portraits so naturally, we went exploring in Norfolk. One of my favorite things to do is just walk around, hang out, and see what we discover. I have found the most beautiful dirty alley ever, and I refuse to divulge the exact location... :-)

One question I am asked by my bride and grooms is," what do you typically wear when shooting a wedding?" Today is a great day to answer that question. When I shoot I do whatever is needed to get a cool angle, get a shot that's different, and do what needs to be done. For this reason, to weddings, I always wear dressy trousers as I am consistently sitting/laying on the floor, in the grass, sand, dirt, wherever! Today however, Wow.

My beautiful dirty alley is exactly that. DIRTY! Home to many many pigeons so I'll give you one guess as to what (other than trash) fills the alley... Alley's are always grungy, but today I couldn't even start uploading till I washed my ARMS and cleaned up with a shower. It was right nasty laying in that stuff I tell ya... but I think I got some great shots out of it! I don't mind anyways... I was the child running through the woods and buiding forts...

It's hard to narrow down photos... I got so many great ones... I'm having fun playing with the different ways of processing them as well... Here's a sneak at some of the things I'm working on for John... Enjoy!
Hancock
Music Man
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock-6
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock
Hancock

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing Kelly - I especially love the B&W alleyway ones - with the fencing reflecting off the guitar. Fantastic!