Monday, September 8, 2008

Cyril and Sarah - NoVa

I went up to Northern Virginia to shoot Cyril and Sarah's completely wonderful wedding! I met everyone... and I mean everyone at Sarah's family's house.... Sarah is one of 11 siblings! Between ALL the bridesmaids and siblings... as well as nephews and more it was a full.... and VERY fun place to be! The church they got married in was such a pleasure to work with, beautiful, and full of wonderful natural light... and we had fun pretty much wherever we went! It also was one of the few times in my life that I was "short" compared to everyone... including the bride! At 5"11 that doesn't happen often, it felt good! I need to just get to the photos, this will be another long post~















Sarah's 17 year old sister did all the flowers! She did a VERY good job!


























































Sisters








A fathers love















The start of I think my fave series of garter toss photos! One of Sarah's younger brothers caught it... however... she also has a brother in the Marines. He decided his brother should have to work for it!






To be honest, I'm surprised I wasn't kicked during this scuffle!




Of course his big bro won!
The big brother wins

His mothers face says it all :-)
A mothers look

But he was nice enough to still let him have it. What are brothers for?


Sarah (and Cyril) come from wonderful, close, loving families... Evident in this last photo ;-) Don't you just love her little brothers face!?


Sarah and Cyril, Thank you for allowing me to tell your story. I had so much fun and loved getting to know your families. I wish you all the best and may your marriage be blessed.

2 comments:

meta said...

Fr. Dan Petee - so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

It just made us miss them all that much more. He is right about the flowers! Sara and all the girls including Rox looked great. If you think that garter thing was funny you should hang out with them more often, you'd see it a lot.