Friday, September 5, 2008

Making life easier - Photojunction Remix

Disclaimer - this is all technical and "stuff." Mainly for the photographers who read my blog ;-)

This day in age there are a lot of things that make life easier... but they also make life vary little across the board. The same holds true for photography! There are a lot of amazing "Actions" that are sold out there that can make our lives easier. The click of a button in photoshop... and few adjustments to the formula, and BAM! Look just like the pros who make over $10k a wedding (even if you have no clue how to work photoshop!). I've personally never been a fan of actions. At least not those purchased from a "main stream" photographer. Many of them have made, in my humble opinion, photos look the same and taken away a desire for people to learn a skill crucial to their profession, photoshop. The less we have people in our industry learning the less we can grow and reinvent!

The same can be said for designing albums. I talk a lot about my favorite supplier, "KISS Wedding Books" but, how do I put them together?

Instead of spending a thousand dollars on a program with pre-designed click and drag layouts I chose to once again go in a more original direction. The Australian company Photojunction is still pretty new to the market but their program is outstanding! It makes life so incredibly easy! I can organize an albums worth of photos with a few clicks, apply one of my own photoshop actions to a photo and immediately use it in the album layout, and it's so easy to continually come up with new layouts. PJ Remix has made my life and making albums so much easier.... for you other photogs reading, check them out! I think you'll like them too! (And PS, you won't spend anywhere NEAR $1,000 for it!)

www.photojunction.com

No comments: