Monday, August 11, 2008

Updates!

Alrighty! It's been a busy season so far but there are some major updates coming your way!!!! And now that I have plans finalized and what not... I'll be announcing it really soon! Like... check tomorrow! Can anyone guess what it is? Maybe I'll give a clue later!

First of all, I've been in Rochester for a wedding this past weekend so I'm aware that my messages are a bit full... I'm trying to plow through the phone calls and Emails but when you are gone a few days they can pile up. Thank you for your patience. The wedding was a blast and Julie and Chris where absolutely wonderful! They are the first "real" contract I ever signed and at the time I was stoked not only because of that... but because it was "all the way in 2008!" Well, it has come and gone already and it was a wonderful way of capping my 13 month anniversary of my first wedding. I can't wait to blog it later... maybe tonight or tomorrow!

I must say though... Be wary of flying through Detroit!!!!

1) Being that I was in "hockeytown" I was almost positive that I would finally be able to find a Red Wings Stanley Cup Championship Hat! WRONG! No hats or shirts to be found anywhere in the airport! How WRONG is that! Anyone know where I can find one other than NHL.com?

2) I felt bad getting in late to Rochester. After starting my day at 4:15 am to get to the airport in time for a 6am flight... I have a short layover... and of course there is mechanical issues with the plane! Finally about an hour and a half later we get a plane, board, and we got across the tarmac in Detroit... I'm 50 min. away from checking into my hotel.... and the pilots pull the plane over. They spend another 30 minutes trying to get the correct weight when we hear that there was a scanner malfunction and we need to go back to the gate a re-scan EVERY bag in the belly! Needless to say... I got in late ;-) Luckily the only thing it cut into was my nap time as I still had enough time to get ready and get to the church.

3) Coming BACK through detroit I had issues again! We boarded pretty much on time, found out we'd have a 15 min. taxi across the airport.... was next in line to take off... and BAM! Thunderstorm! WITH HAIL! So... after we a) wait out the storm... which isn't quick we b) have to go back to the gate (15 min.away) to check out the plane from the hail. We get to the gate and because of lightning the airport is shut down! We were "looking" at the gate for a good 40 min. more when we finally got ushered into the gate. We then had to all disembark and wait another hour to inspect the plane. After that... our cabin crew had been working too long so we had to wait on another crew to come take over! THEN.... we find out that if we don't get airborn in 25 min... we would loose our pilots too and that would mean spending the night... in detroit... where they don't have any Stanley Cup stuff ;-) Praise God, we got off the ground with about 3 minutes to spare. The entire crew was in a mad dash going over checklists, etc to get going... I'm glad we didn't have to spend the night... but I didn't get home till after 11pm.... about 4-5 hours late!

So be careful.... I've yet to leave Detroit on time!

Wedding pics to come soon, but like I said.. I have a lot to catch up on so thank you for your patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for this news coming today... hm!

I was in Buffalo this past weekend... I wish I had known you were in Rochester!