Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Natalia and Joe

Alright, here's blog number 2 of the day! I have a lot I'm catching up on and want to try and finish before tomorrow's Hooding Ceremony at Regent... I also have the Regent Commencement itself on Saturday so lots and lots of photos to go through!

Yesterday I met up with Joe and Natalia for their engagement portraits. We had an absolute blast running all over Norfolk. Joe is a firefighter for the City of Norfolk on one of their ladder trucks and was able to pull some strings and get the two of them briefly on a firetruck. To make it more special, it also happened to be at the corner of Market and Granby where Joe STOPPED a parade to propose to the beautiful Natalia. Natalia's a DJ for Z104 so couple the two of them together and you KNOW we were in for a good time. I'm so bummed however! I'm going to have to wait till 2009 to shoot them again. (Unless Joe hires me to come to Costa Rica with him for his bachelor party so I can document it and be his surf photog... ;-)

I actually want to start with the end of our shoot. If you want to know how to get me excited throw me a crazy "weird" idea! Well, Natalia threw one at me yesterday! While shooting we came across a pond complete with waterfall! I'm so glad summer is almost here because they were really excited to play in the waterfall. This means that I've also had a lot of fun playing with these pictures in particular! So, we're starting at the end....

nat-1split tone

DSC_3860-Editlogo

DSC_3940-logo

This is actually a mural on the glass of the restaurant where they met! They went inside and had some fun with it.
natlogo-13

natlogo-14

natlogo-17

natlogo-20

natlogo-23

natlogo-22

natlogo-21



natlogo-10

natlogo-11

natlogo-12

natlogo-16

natlogo-4

natlogo-9

natlogo-19

natlogo-18

natlogo-25

natlogo-24

natlogo-29

natlogo-30

natlogo-34

natlogo-33

natlogo-36

natlogo-32

natlogo-31

natlogo-35

natlogo-27

natlogo-28

natlogo-26

natlogo-5

natlogo-6

natlogo-7

natlogo-8

3 comments:

Antonia Christianson Events said...

Kelly! amazing as always! I love them...you remind me shoot after shoot of your natural talent!

Katie Beverley said...

Hey Kelly! Remember me from Steubie? Katie (Shawl) now Beverley :) Great great shots. I love this set--the waterfall ones are fab :)

stevenjared0853 said...

The couple is stunning. Their photo shoot was really fun to watch. I am so pleased. Well, I too have to find the best NYC wedding venues for our big day. We would like to have our pre-wedding shoot at same place. Do you know about such beautiful spot?